It’s hard to believe that I used to literally fear the thought of having a mouthful of pasta let alone a plate of it and boy, am I glad I snapped myself out of it! Carbohydrates… any food in general, should not be feared however in this current day and age where there is always a [food] trend to partake, it’s hard to know what is worthwhile.
This pasta dish was soooo easy to create, utilising only 30 minutes of your time yet allowing you to walk away to multitask for 25 minutes of it! Most plantbased recipes usually call for cashews or other nuts/seeds to create a creamy consistency however this does not include any, making it allergy-friendly. Instead, the creaminess of this dish came from steamed organic potatoes as well as cooked chickpeas to provide a hit of plantbased protein.
Pasta of choice- I used an organic tagliatelle
4 medium organic potatoes
1 organic carrot
3 garlic cloves
1 cup of almond milk
1 TBSP organic miso paste
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup cooked chickpeas
Salt and pepper to season
Roasted sliced garlic cloves, optional
Chilli flakes, optional
1. Steam the potatoes, carrot and garlic for 25-30 minutes ensuring that the potatoes are cooked.
2. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
3. Blend the potatoes, carrot, garlic, almond milk, miso paste, nutritional yeast and chickpeas until smooth. Season.
4. Take the pasta off the heat when it’s done and just before draining, add the kale to cook it lightly. Toss the pasta and kale through the sauce.
5. Divide into bowls and serve with chilli and garlic flakes if desired.
❀ As usual, substitute the tagliatelle with a gluten free pasta of choice.
I hope you enjoy this easy yet satisfying meal!
“Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind, and has given up worrying once and for all.”- Ovid.