It has been cold and rainy the last day or two and I am craving pizza. I had soaked some cashews and quinoa the night before with intentions of preparing a warm quinoa bowl with a cashew dressing however I decided to make a quinoa pizza with roast organic vegetables that I had delivered the day before as well as my homemade cashew mozzarella. The result? My cravings satisfied without any guilt or sluggishness!
In the past I have made pizza bases using lentils and mungbeans before and quinoa works just as well. The best thing is that this is low fat, high protein, high fibre and gluten free. Oh, did I also mention it is a lot easier and simpler then the name of the recipe sounds! Of course, the toppings can be easily substituted for whatever you have on hand, including premade vegan cheeses!
1 cup dried organic quinoa, soaked and rinsed
1/2 cup filtered water
1 TSPN baking powder
1 TSPN dried basil
One organic fennel, sliced
1/2 head organic broccoli, cut into florets
1 large organic potato, thinly sliced
1/3 cup organic tomato passata
1 TBSP olive oil
1 serve of cashew mozzarella- recipe here
1. Blend the quinoa, water, baking powder and dried basil until smooth.
2. Pour the batter into a round, lined tin and spread evenly.
3. Bake for 15 minutes at 180C. Cool.
4. Line a large baking tray with the vegetables and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes.
5. Prepare the cashew mozzarella as per recipe.
6. Spread the tomato passata evenly on the quinoa pizza base. Top with the vegetables and dollops of cashew mozzarella.
7. Bake the pizza for 15 minutes and serve!
I hope you enjoy the recipe and as always, let me know if you make the recipe!
“Make your life a masterpiece. Imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do.”- Brian Tracy.